Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is a powerful technique used to observe the surface of samples. It has an ultra-high level of detail right down to nanometer scale. An SEM-FEG (field emission gun) microscope can be operated at low voltage.
SEM-FEG is thus extremely well suited for examining most organic materials with a low fusion temperature.
Novitom specialises in the characterisation of nanoparticles, organic coatings, and observing hair or skin surfaces.
- Surface state before /after treatment
- Observation of cosmetics
- Observation of nano-particles
- Chemical characterization of nano-particles
- Biological tissues imaging
- Detection of bacteria
- Dispersion of ingredients in compacted powders